Followers

Thursday, August 28, 2008

A full view















This is a full view of the pumpkins that are growing together. Actually, the pumpkins that had grown in my garden before don't grow 4 or 5 or even 7 together at one time. They used to be like fighting with each other..the survival of the fetus. So only the strongest survived and mostly like 2 at a time. But this time, to my amazement, they are growing together in harmony! I counted again this morning. I had 7 before. And due to the above scenario, only 6 are truly surviving. But I have noticed also some new little ones coming out. Hopefully, they will not turn yellow and die off like some of the weaker ones.
The other day our friend, Polly, treated us to dinner. We ate at the Coconut Bay. A Thai place in the City of Industry. For desert, she ordered pumpkin. This is what they do. The same kind of pumpkin above, cooked and then steamed with custard. So it is a sweet desert. Very interesting. We have decided to try this new recipe out when my pumpkins are ready to be eaten.

No comments: