Followers

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ha mi kwa (honey melon)


Ha mi means honey. These are the seeds of a honey melon. This is the picture of a honey melon that I had planted some time ago. I wonder if now is the time to put the seeds in? Let me tell you, this melon is so sweet that you think you are eating honey. It has running vines like the pumpkins. And they can go crazy too...running all over the place. That year when the melons were growing, I had about 4 of them. They weren't as sweet as the mother melon, maybe because I had harvested them earlier than I should have. So this time, I will be patient and wait till they are ready to be harvested. These new seeds were from a super sweet and juicy melon. So hopefully, they will be just as sweet and juicy when they are ready. I will save some seeds for another time so as to have melons every season. Oh, looks like this is a summer fruit. (note to self).

No comments: